Hey Book Clubbers! Welcome to the discussion thread for "Honolulu."
Please submit answers to any or all of the following discussion topics in a comment below:
- Initial impressions of the author's overall writing chops, style, theme.
- How have Americans’ attitudes toward immigrants changed - or not changed - since the 1900s?
- How accurate is Alan Brennert's (a white American man) depictions of Korean women and/or the immigrant experience compared to your experiences?
- Place yourself in the world of "Honolulu." Who do you think you could have been, knowing your character? A ki-saeng? An enterprising innkeeper?
- Grade the book on an A-F scale
I will gather answers into a group book review, and will post the next selection next week!